Friday, July 17, 2020

talking points


we never talk
yes we do
I mean talk talk
we do, what about right now
you call this talking
it's not barking woof woof
that's what I mean
what do you mean
see, it's just a big joke to you
what exactly do you want to talk about
what do you want to talk about
real stuff, honest shit
like what
I don't know
like sex
no
no
secrets
maybe, maybe so
dirty little secrets
little white lies
or any color
how about lists
like what
things you hate
or that scare you
now you're talking
I suppose
what else
things
resentments
fears
acts of shame
Tupperware parties
violent fantasies
sexual
Midwestern
Republican
that tiny voice in the head
to make you laugh
or cry
that too
now you're talking
if you say so
give me my pillow
turn off the light
set the alarm
don't snore
I'll try
how
stop talking
shush

No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...