Tuesday, July 21, 2020

news cycle


I read the news today
you did?
oh boy
oh boy, what?
oh boy, you don't wanna know
I doubt you read the news
what do you mean?
watched, scrolled, clicked, listened but not read
those were the days, print journalism
I clicked the news today
doesn't sound right, does it
clickbait
I tell them turn it off
who
anybody
it's too much
tune out, turn off, and drop out
history rewritten
it's all too much
history is the nightmare
from which I am trying to awake
or never wake up
change the channel
click the remote
no more dials
cable news
so-called
dial-up
hit me up
leave me alone
turn it off
cut the cord
unplug
switch the channel
turn it off
recycled rubbish
toxic waste
asbestos we can
cut the cable
endless entropy
blank screen
like The Sopranos
the end
the reaper
go dark
blink
no news today
oh boy
oh girl
oh them
oh us


No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...