Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hello, I Must Be Going



Ain't going nowhere but here.

The title is stolen from The Incredible String Band, or "The Stringies," as some of us called them, back in the day, the "day" being 1967, the year that The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album came out. That year, people in the U.K. selected 5000 Spirits or The Layers of the Onion by The Incredible String Band as album of the year, if memory serves me well (and, really, does memory ever serve any of us faithfully, Monsieur Proust?).
The weekend of Woodstock I saw ISB at a folk festival in NYC, along with Odetta, Tim Hardin, and others.

Hello. Goodbye.

Surrender to Win.

Lose to Gain.

"Come in we're closed."

Our paradoxes are our epiphanies, if we but see the signs before us.

The sign above was seen in a doorway of a closed bookstore, last Sunday, in Geneseo, New York, just after our trip to Letchworth State Park, "Grand Canyon of the East."

4 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

"Our paradoxes are our epiphanies, if we but see the signs before us."

This is why I love your blog, Pawlie. You are so wise.

Puss

Patti said...

PK: I would probably love your blog more if I understood it.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

This is the end of the beginning and I will be filled to overflowing with joy and love only when I've given all of it that is within me.

Good post. I missed being here.

Scarlett & V.

azgoddess said...

ah yes - paradoxes in life...and looks like you took pic with camera phone eh? nice job! i so missed your humor - weird as it is - smile

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...