Monday, September 17, 2007

Commodities Trader



So, as I'm getting a haircut on Saturday, Don the Barber, who is also an uber therapist and who shares my birthday plus 12 years, engages in easy banter with me, his loyal subject. How are things, work, the kids, wife, etc.

BULLETIN: Portions of our discussion were privileged and confidential. What follows is a redacted version of the episode.

How's the ballet dancer?

She's okay; trying to sort out boyfriend stuff, I guess.

I thought most of those guys were gay.

Most are; that'
s what makes this guy a wanted commodity.

I love that phrase.

What ph
rase, Don?

'A wanted commodity.' I don't think I've ever been called tha
t. I don't think I've ever been a wanted commodity.

Tell me about it.
You missed a little wisp up there at the top, Don.


(Laugh? Thought we'd die.)

5 comments:

azgoddess said...

a think a good man - at any age - is a wanted commodity - grin...thanks for the great post

Ralph said...

Why trim the wisp? Why not arrange said wisp into the proverbial combover??

JR's Thumbprints said...

Some of the best conversations develop when seated in a barber chair. Proves that men have th gift of gab also.

Patti said...

Keep the wisp. Lose the lisp.
Thought you would enjoy a rhyme, PK.

Don is no doubt cheaper than a psychotherapist. That's thrifty. And nifty.

Glamourpuss said...

Being wanted has its downsides.

Trust me.

Puss

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...