Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bruiting About Bruises

In the shower I discovered a small, slightly yellow bruise on my right biceps.

I can't for sure recall how the bruise might have gotten there. I can't recall a bump or jostle or collision. I can't recall being hit there by anyone, not even in jest.

I, I, I.
Aye, there's the rub!

When it comes to bruised egos and bruised feelings, however, I tend to recall all the micro-details. (Don't you too?) How non-Buddhist of me.

Bruit. I like that word. I'm probably using it slightly wrong in the heading, but it's my blog and I'll blog how I want to.

And I'm surprised to learn through Merriam-Webster's pronunciation feature that the word is just one syllable.

1 comment:

Patti said...

you mean the French word for noise?

I don't think it's a verb, but my memory n'est pas bon