Monday, February 04, 2008

LIFE, continued

I've told you before of the graffito LIFE in Burnet Park, once there, then gone, scrubbed, scoured, painted over.

I saw LIFE again yesterday.

LIFE moved (to at least two places) over on Hiawatha Boulevard, Syracuse, not far from the imagined world of Destiny USA. Emblazoned in uppercase letters amid industrial detritus, debris, and abandonment.

I was grateful to see some LIFE yesterday. It gave me some hope.

Today I imagine LIFE was there, a little elusive, shrouded in twilight, but I did not see it directly.

I was cast into twilight. I am bathed in twilight.

I am living in a zone of twilight.

But LIFE awaits. . . as a statement, a fact, not merely posed as a question.

4 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

LIFE is persistent.

There's something to hang on to.

Puss

Patti said...

Three cheers for LIFE. That's what I say, PK.

Ralph said...

Despite the annoyances, etc. of life, I enjoy it. To see another day truly makes LIFE is wonderful...

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

All,
To LIFE! (How's that toast go in Yiddish or Hebrew?)

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...