Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Life, The Serial


On my misty, coolish dogwalk tonight, I noticed that the
graffito of LIFE with the "i" dotted with an "x," on a small electrical utility shed, was gone.

LIFE, vanished, without a trace.

As if LIFE were but a dream.

I miss LIFE.

Where'd it go, now that its resident surface is scrubbed clean, freshly painted, pristine?

Can LIFE even exist on such a pristine surface anyway?

LIFE, I was just getting to know you. I was on the cusp of what you wanted to tell me, who put you there, and why.

Now, it's like starting over.



3 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Ain't that always the way of these things?

Life throws such curveballs.

Puss

Andrew McAllister said...

Paul,

I'm just casting around among my online friends after a long absence. I'm glad I stopped by and found you as thoughtful and eloquent as always. Well done!

Andrew

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Puss,
The curveball is hard to hit -- unless you wait, wait, wait. (Cf. Murakami.)

Andrew,
So good to see you here!

Paul

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...