Thursday, January 17, 2008

She Said, Look Out the Window More for the Real Miracle



On the other side of the pain, I have


Stared at the crabapple's branches, skeletal fingers

Finding more December window-dressing

The day's appointed epistle

Wondering what my ashes will feel

In the garden elbowing worms

Aside no stained glass

Work's windows towering over urbanscape

Don't cast aspersions (yes, asperges me,

Domine
) on the rusted rivets I bow

Before each morning in the solemn Garage of Go Get 'Em

The real miracle is that glass stains at

All and we don't for long scrubbed by time

Memory's slippery polish still

Yet still


4 comments:

Katherine said...

Following Puss' advice, the nutty pedant goes positively outré.

She brings out the best in us all.

August

Glamourpuss said...

Ah ha, you tickle me PK.

Puss

Patti said...

thanks for the poetry, Pawlie

should I be depressed by this?

Christy said...

I'm feeling somber now in my solemn Garage of Go Get 'Em.

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...