Saturday, January 19, 2008

Queery


Why do I seemingly have so few male readers and so many readers of the female persuasion?


How to explain this gender gap (to use the overused phrase of pundits and media blarecasters)?

Is it something I said? Does it point to gender issues of my own that I am struggling to suppress swimming against a Freudian tidal wave of "whatever"?

Is it my clothes? My accessories (which would make me an Accessory After the Fact, as they say in crime stories, as if I would know, not being a frequent reader of that genre, which almost spells g-e-n-d-e-r, except for the D)?

Is it that the blogging demographic skews "chick," to put it technically?

7 comments:

Christy said...

Mmm I think women are more consistent in what they do/read. They'll come back, ya see?

Patti said...

Christy's right. But that's because she is of the female persuasion like me. So I'm siding with her.

Queery - I get it. hahahahaha

Patti said...

woops, forgot to say I like the new look, PK

Ralph said...

Am I the 1% that defines your maladroit not malevolent nor moronic male viewers?

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Christy, Patti,
Really? I thought women exulted in changing like the weather. Little did I know.

Patti,
Thanks. I'm beginning to like it too. Change. All about change. My young 'un urged me to experiment.

Ralph,
Indeed. You may comprise my male demographic in its entirety. Thanks.

PK

Glamourpuss said...

Dunno, but you could try this...

Puss

toby said...

I use blogland to explore the mysterious minds of women, mostly. I know how blokes think and I get enough male stimulation offline.

Simple as that.

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...