Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nolo Commentare


Ever notice that many commercially or
intellectually elite blogs (albeit excellent in other respects) often do not allow readers' comments?

Is the restriction against comments an attempt to avoid the muss and fuss of responding to a gazillion comments (often nutty)? Or is it intended to thwart spammers?

Or does it merely provide the blogger with the smug insularity of protection against the masses (id est, us)?

Alas, we of the proletarian elite readily accept the radically ragtag (ergo, democratic) interplay of comments and (albeit rare in my case) responses.

Excelsior! Ex mea sententia!

6 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

I think a lot of writers shun the dialogue, not wanting to re-evaluate the work in light of others' opinions - bit like not reading the reviews...

Puss

Unknown said...

I am personally of the belief that most bloggers that do not allow comments do so because they are afraid that I will show up and discuss flatulence.

Nothing perks up a good comment sections more than someone like me talking about farts.

It was just a thought anyway.

Later Y'all.

azgoddess said...

it's one word - criticism....they don't want it

i like that fart comment - good one!

Patti said...

PK,
You scare me. That's why I keep coming back for more, I guess.

P.S. Add Melon to your growing list of male readers, along with Ralphie.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Puss,
Maybe...but I still think it's often a cachet of snobbery.

Melon,
I always need you to get grounded. Deodorizer, anyone? (Good to hear from ya!)

AZG,
Sure, who wants criticism? I just crave oceans of praise.

Patti,
Oh yeah. Melon is one of my original blog buddies from my first days. Ralph: keep an eye on that dude.

PK

Katherine said...

"We of the proletarian elite..."

Very endearing, Pawlie. Well said.

August

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...