Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Inn-dependence Day

Today we recognize and honor the hospitality industry (its housekeeping, food-service, and maintenance staff; people at the front desk, etc.) and the people utterly dependent on hotels, inns, motels, B&Bs, etc. for business, travel, les liaisons dangereuses, secret pleasure, or not-so-secret pleasure (i.e., moaners and screamers).

Hy-phens mat-ter.

Keep the E Pluribus Unum Humor Contest entries rolling in to spindox@yahoo.com. Four days left, counting today.

1 comment:

jbwritergirl said...

'The server is down' is my slogan for today.
The Inn is closed so to speak.

I will not pick up, put down, drag around, fold, cook, clean, please, find or locate anything today.

The most exercise I will do is lifting a cool iced glass of beer to my lips and if that gets to be too much I shall switch to a straw and sit closer to the table so as not to have to lift a finger.

It is also my day as a 'veteran cook and bottle washer, mom, maid, problem solver, pleasure maiden, chauffer, and so I expect to be celebrated appropriately.

Hope you have a reasonable day after you nap to get rid of the onery thing.

JB

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...