- Why do square bullets introduce each question even though a number shows up on my screen as I create each interrogatory?
- Why twenty, anyway -- is it related to 10 fingers and 10 toes?
- Why the sloppiness of style, not paying a copyeditor's (or copy editor's) attention to consistency regarding words versus numerals?
- Would you make it "healthcare" or "health care" as a noun?
- Does it bother you that the majority of Americans could not diagram a sentence on the blackboard or whiteboard or greenboard?
- What is my fixation with Soren Kierkegaard?
- When was the first time?
- When was the last time?
- Why do many readers immediately assume that questions 9 and 10 are latently associated with sex?
- Why is twelve, or 12, so rich in connotation, ranging from Apostles to months to inches to Steps to lists?
- When was your last act of not only random but anonymous kindness?
- Or mine?
- Why is it so hard to pronounce "anonymous"?
- What is 20 times 20 times 20, which would be 20 cubed, or does the cube melt in the dog days of August?
- Why don't they teach Latin in public schools?
- Who is "they"?
- Isn't it truly difficult to change ingrained habits?
- Are you relieved this is over?
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
. . . but not the usual, of course.