Why wait till 2010?
Let's do a dry run now; see what works; or doesn't.
I hope this starts a movement. What would we call it? The Pre-New Year's Post-Last Year's Quasi-Resolute Resolutions?
1. Run the Bhutan Marathon 2010.
2. Do the dishes every day. Maybe every other day.
3. Give up cigarettes. (Wait. I'd have to start!)
4. Meditate. Especially if someone is yelling at me; go into a deep trance.
5. Eat haiku.
8. Skip, at least once.
10. Sleep. (Perchance to dream.)
I need to revise my list.
But, as I said, I've got time to work on it.
Put back on your head those too-small, colorful cardboard cone hats and resume twirling your little noisemakers.
(What would Kierkegaard say?)