Saturday, July 18, 2009

Driven to Distraction (i.e., Distinction)

Holy mother of mackerels!

I tried this interactive texting-while-driving video game at The New York Times website and almost jumped out my second-floor window it was so frustrating:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/07/19/technology/20090719-driving-game.html?hp

I don't know if the game will work for you if you're not registered with nytimes.com (easy to do), but let me tell you. It's great to be old. Meaning: texting and driving is not on my radar screen, or in my toolkit, or part of my skill set. Not anytime soon.

Yikes!

2 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Texting should only be done if the screen is in your rearview mirror.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Or if it's voice-activated. Or telepathic-activated. Wait. Then we wouldn't have to text.