Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Typecast

Maybe typocast is a more accurate title.

I find that by far visitors to my blog come from places far and wide because of one or two posts I did a few years or so ago on the serial comma.

That's right.

Individuals, companies, government entities, universities, law firms, and you-name-its come to this URL to pause and ponder my wisdom about the serial comma -- whether I like it or not.

They come from all around the planet.

However, in terms of keyword searches, "serial comma" gets beat, by a margin of 1% or less, by the term "obitchuaries," from a post I did back in 2006.

So, you never know how you'll get typocast.

As you were.

At ease.

2 comments:

Mark Murphy said...

Paulie:

According to my stats, the most visited "entry page," aside from the home page, is a posting I did on the difference between "lie" and "lay."

Perhaps some people aren't all that apathetic about punctuation and grammar.

(Then again, perhaps I wouldn't want to bet my life on that....)

mark m.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Mark,
Maybe we're onto something and don't even know it!
pk