Saturday, March 19, 2022

Six Feet

remember that yardstick?

(more like two of them)

a metric that mattered

(so we were told)

social distancing

defining where

one aura began

another ended

(I should have said era)

up there

aboveground

not that 6 feet

for god's sake

and then today

or was it yesterday

(time has become so timeless)

as I walked by the school

elementary, so primary

colors, I saw those chalk outlines

body shapes

pastel designs

I am sorry to report

that reminded me 

of a TV crime scene

(a not-very-parenthetical aside

I am told)

all kidding aside

I wish I didn't go there

don't you

I wish we all did not

go there or anywhere

like that 


No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...