Sunday, December 12, 2021

I Never

I never thought it'd come to this

Truth as lies

Lies emblazoned

On a confederacy of dunces

I grow old without my trousers rolled

I never imagined so cold

An insurrection's unkenneled rage

The dying embers of another age

January 6 that old time Epiphany

Showing Three Kings and all that

I never saw

My eyes so closed

I never knew my pledge of allegiance

So hollowed out

I grow old, so old

I can't remember that boy

Palm over his heart

Reciting the flag-soaked prayer

In a classroom

Shadowed by Joe McCarthy

I never expected

He'd never die

We never escaped

That America

Did we 

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...