Sunday, January 20, 2019

My Last Hurrah


Give it one more try. Let's go out with a bang, shall we? One more shot. A last fling. My last hurrah. Throw caution to the winds. Three sheets to the wind, one more time. Some equation. Unmoored, head-first toward the shoals. Huzza. He who laughs last. Cries: "Hooray, hurry, oh hell." Gonna wait till the midnight hour. It'll be different this time. I promise. A look in the mirror: "No more." My swan song sung. My dregs done drained. My last hoorah. Hand over flame. How long, lord? The firing squad at dawn. Last requests? Sink or swim. Sunken treasure. Abandoned ship. Grace unnamed. Surrendered me. And salvaged self. We white flag waved. All aboard. We sure set sail. Wind at our backs. Into the sun. Under the wing. My first hurrah. Our shelter from the storm. Your brooding love. Our anchors aweigh.

4 comments:

Nancy Keefe Rhodes said...

Nice work, Paul! Not depressing at all. Have ordered Tipp Hill Litanies & will have a look.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Glad to hear. And thanks, Nancy.

Al D'Agostino said...

Very nice. Dare I say, "sobering?" OK, fine, I won't! ;)

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Dry humor.

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...