Monday, October 15, 2018

book list

I used to list the books I had read at the end of every year. I still do, handwritten, but I haven't posted such lists here in a while.

So, here goes. My 2018 reading list, sotto voce, in ejaculatio praecox form, if you will:
  1.  Debriefing: Collected Stories by Susan Sontag, edited by Benjamin Taylor
  2. Andrew's Brain by E.L. Doctorow 
  3. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
  4.  Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Celine
  5. A Live Coal in the Sea by Madeleine L'Engle
  6. A Legacy of Spies by John le Carre
  7. Have Dog, Will Travel: A Poet's Journey by Stephen Kuusisto
  8. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
  9. Does It Fart? The Definitive Guide to Animal Flatulence by Nick Caruso and Dani Rabaiotti; illustrated by Ethan Kocak
  10. The Informer by Craig Nova
  11. While I Was Gone by Sue Miller
  12. The Professor of Desire by Philip Roth
  13. The Fig Eater by Jody Shields
  14. My Ex-Life by Stephen McCauley
  15. Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932 by Francine Prose
  16. This Is It by Alan Watts
  17. Haiku: This Other World by Richard Wright
  18. The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser
  19. The Pigeon Tunnel: Stories from My Life by John le Carre
... and counting.




No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...