Wednesday, April 29, 2015

second person

You. You know your place. You're not the first person; nor are you the third person. You're the second person. You're not into this I, I, I, or me, me, me, sounding like a befuddled victim or an auditioning singer, respectively. You, you're secure in who you are, fully content to be equally spaced between First and Third, grammatical avenues. You are more adept at conversation, if for no other reason than your absence of the ego-driven trumpet bruited by Person One. Yes, you lack the clinical detachment, the objectivity, of Person Three, whether singular or plural. But you, whether alone or with your second-person brigade of fellow pronouns, are intimate and direct, whether whispering or ruminating. You.

No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...