Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Even Steven


From my days, eons ago, in the seminary, I remember December 26 is the Feast of Saint Stephen, recognized as Christianity's first martyr. (The feast is tomorrow in the Eastern church.) (Yikes, the things I learned about it from Wikipedia!)

From the gauzy memory of my later, at times less-innocent, youth, I also remember Saint Stephen being celebrated in a song by The Grateful Dead; good song; fascinating annotated lyrics.

Connections. We're all about connections, here at The Laughorist. That, and a laugh or two.

6 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Where ends the butterfly effect?

Happy Boxing Day.

Puss

Ralph said...

Stephen gave his life for his faith and beliefs. No complaints from me about the typical trivial minutiae..

Patti said...

Six degrees of separation? Is that what you are saying, PK?

You writing is deep and sometimes I get confuzzled.

Patti said...

that should be your writing...I hate typos

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Puss,
Somewhere in Tibet. BTW, wot is the origin of the term 'boxing' in Boxing Day?

Ralph, Patti
Early best wishes and hopes for 2008.

All,
Thanks for your readership.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Puss,
Happy Postpenultimate Boxing Day and a lovely 2008 to you too.

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...