Tuesday, May 19, 2015

not a cloud in the sky

Wind has scrubbed the sky clear of all those cirrus, cirrocumulus, altocumulus, cumulonimbus, and cumulus clouds floating by this morning. At least from what I can see, they've gone elsewhere. Or disappeared. (Which is it?). And my vantage point is limited. (Isn't everyone's vantage point limited?) I am sitting at Cafe Kubal in downtown Syracuse, facing Jefferson Street, with South Salina Street to my left. The only sky afforded my perusing is above buildings, not that we have skyscrapers like New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, or Moscow, Idaho. One or two structures as high as, say, twenty stories. (I am choosing not to spell "storeys.") "Not a cloud in the sky." Here. Now. And as discerned in my angle of vision. Make of that what you will, you metaphoreans.

No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...