Sunday, January 06, 2013

2012 Book List

It's a tiny bit late, but here is my annual list of books I have read. For no reason other than I've been writing my OWN books, the list is a little shorter this year. I could claim the list is briefer because I have one or two monster-long books, but that wouldn't work. I typically have one or two monster-long books. Here goes:

1. The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century -- Jim Kaplan

2.  Wait Till Next Year -- Doris Kearns Goodwin

3. The Odds: A Love Story -- Stewart O'Nan

4. The Great Leader -- Jim Harrison

5. Just Kids -- Patti Smith

6. The Hunger Games -- Suzanne Collins

7. Cutting for Stone -- Abraham Verghese

8. Ignorance: How It Drives Science -- Stuart Firestein

9. A Pirate for Life -- Steve Blass

10. Canada -- Richard Ford

11. The Juju Rules, or How to Win Ballgames from Your Couch -- Hart Seely

12. You & Me -- Padgett Powell

13. The Cow in the Parking Lot: A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger -- Leonard Scheff and Susan Edmiston

What are you reading?



No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...