- I was startled by a jackrabbit right in front of me near the Franklin Square P.O.
- then another one by Onondaga Creek
- stood on a bridge over the creek, a bridge not trespassed by 90% of said city's residents
- while walking, picked up litter: Newport 100s box [they are ubiquitous], a meant-to-be funny, naughty greeting card, a pizza box
- was rewarded warmly by 8th graders exuberantly "graduating" from a city school
- saw a three-legged dog and was spared heartbreak after listening to the owner tell the dog's story
- saw my cat almost kill a sparrow
- I rescued the sparrow
- but the cat had the final say
- what -- save sparrows and kill ants?
- I would've shot the woodchuck digging up the backyard but have no weapon
- would I have?
- saw a man with red glasses; he said he has many others, many other colors
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
This Really Happened
Today, while walking within the urban confines of the city of Syracuse: