Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I said yes

. . . to education and community at a City Hall hearing tonight.

The vocabulary of "investment" and "opportunity" drowned out, by far, the drumbeat of me, me, me, lower my taxes, hear my anger, dissent, etc.

People were overwhelmingly positive and supportive of their community, with caveats for elected officials.

People -- perhaps 47 out of 50 -- said: raise taxes if you must, but do it to help kids and their education (and to maintain excellent fire and police services, too, as two representatives of those servant leaders robustly noted).

Syracusans said yes.

Syracuse said yes.

Did official Syracuse listen?

No comments:

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...