Monday, June 01, 2009

Sign Riposte, Redux

Spotted these signs today along Teall Avenue and Court Street, just beyond the city limits of Syracuse, NY:

  1. a real estate sign with the words Integrity Available [good to know that some values remain attainable]
  2. Trol-mation [hey, a factory of "They Might Almost Be Giants"!]
  3. Carl's Kountry Kitchen [for the sake of simple consonance and branding, couldn't Carl give in and go for Karl? Then again, maybe he was afraid of the consequences of abbreviation.]
  4. Something Different [as I was driving I thought I saw that this place was a daycare provider and thought to myself, "Um, does one really want something different in that realm of service?" But, alas, after-the-fact Internet research revealed this business is just a high-end, acclaimed "gift shoppe" with gift baskets, etc.]

4 comments:

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I think Karl's is the best... perhaps. That integrity sign really makes me smile, too.

Hmmm.

One must wonder, if integrity is available, is it being offered up by someone who no longer uses or wants it?

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

True, who of us has integrity to spare?

Vesper said...

Integrity Available - I suppose one can choose to buy or sell a house with or without integrity. :-) :-) :-)
Besides, integrity is not easy to find these days...

Your "All Choked Up" post was quite tense...

Maria said...

Hi there... as always.. you're making me think! I never pay attention to signs.. my head is always in the clouds somewhere, or im texting, reading, writing, driving, walking, listening to my i pod you name it! Now I know I'm missing out... i'll have to pay more attention!

all the best always,
M

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...