Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Dollar and a Dream (Or a Fraction Thereof)



Look, my goal here is to make money while I sleep. Isn't that your goal? I just checked, and so far this month I have made* $US 0.60 (as in, "sixty cents American," worth about 0.00000054338 euros) from my web store, laughorism.com. This revenue stream, or rivulet, or droplet, or spike in relative humidity, originates from my selling one Kierkegaard magnet and one Kierkegaard oval sticker, to the same person, in Arizona. (It's pending; if the buyer returns the goods, I lose out.) I guess I had better stick to my day job. Speaking of which, I received an unexpected work compliment today, which I received graciously, which is funny, because the absence of such praise is the seeds of discontent for someone like me. Someone wiser than me once counseled that it is virtuous to accept both praise and blame equally.

I ain't there yet.

*I didn't "make" any money. Revenue does not equal profit, not even in the microeconomics of micro amounts.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow and I thought my Google Adsense $12.87 was bad.

Glamourpuss said...

I recevie neither praise nor blame at work, and accept the absence of both with the same resentment.

Puss

Christy said...

I appreciate praise and definitely have trouble with blame. But I know they go hand in hand in many ways. I wouldn't get most of the praise if it hadn't been for learning from the blame.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I'm close, but I ain't there yet either.
Whaddayagonnado.

I started a store, you may remember, and it has gone to the wayside now as well.

Such is the animal of business.

Merry Christmas!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...