Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Epidural Tensionitis


Google the term "
thin-skinned," and you'll see an array of references to wrinkles, skin care, spa treatments, etc. That sort of stuff. (Well, I correct myself: you'll see more of that if you search "thinness of skin.")

Thin: now, there's a word larded with layers of meanings.

Face it (a face with wrinkles called "laugh lines," or "laughorist lineage," in my case): today I had a bad case of what I'll term epidura
l tensionitis.

The tensile strength of my outer psychic layers (id est, skin) was sensitive to the slightest touch. In this case, one micromanaging workplace e-mail, laden with perceived power, threat, and insult, sent to me tipped the scaly scales of my spiritual skin today.

Ever have those days?

3 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Every month.

Sigh.

Puss

Patti said...

I used to. Now I'm cool.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Yes... and I learned how to breathe deeply and let these things go by.

If you accept it in, then you have to deal with it and it takes up time, patience and energy that could be focused on so many more important things.

Close your eyes and breathe deep.
Very deep.

Scarlett & V.

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...