Monday, June 26, 2006

A Slice of Life (Thin)

The Beatles sing "...say the Word..." on my car's speakers just as we pull up across the house, the summer rain now falling harder, tapping on the car roof. I say, "That's my favorite sound in the whole world, I think." I turn the car off. The music from the newly acquired Father's Day CD Rubber Soul goes silent. It is dark. The windshield wipers cease their metronome beat. You say, "My favorite sound is the birds when the sun first rises. I guess we just have different personalities." I sort of hum agreeably. To myself. No sound comes out. No words. Just the plinking rain. Receding now. We open the car doors. And now it is pouring, splashing between the close houses. "That's the sound I like," you say. We agree on that one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snake Hunters said:

I enjoy writing Haiku on a variety
of subjects. Here's a sample:

God loves a balance

He made Angel & Devil

These two, prance about

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Snake Hunters said:

I enjoy writing Haiku on a variety
of subjects. Here's a sample:

God loves a balance

He made Angel & Devil

These two, prance about

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Snake Hunters,
Gorgeous haiku. Did you see my haiku post? Also, Are you familiar with Brooks Books? Check 'em out. Husband-wife haiku publishers of Mayfly, not 5-7-5 haiku, but very cogent, very precise. Maybe we can trade links for our sites?
paul k

"Aditya Mehta" said...

hmmm

Words, and Then Some

Too many fled Spillways mouths Oceans swill May flies Swamped Too many words Enough   Said it all Spoke too much Tongue tied Talons claws sy...